The St. Patrick's Day Parade, a Philadelphia tradition that dates back to 1771, will take place in the city on Sunday, March 11.
The parade will begin at 11:15 a.m. at 16th Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard and head eastbound to Penn's Landing.
Due to the parade, there will be some road closures, parking restrictions and SEPTA bus detours throughout the day.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
More information on the parade can be found at phillyparade.com.
Road closed from 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Market Street between 6th Street and 5th Street
- John F. Kennedy Boulevard between 20th Street and 15th Street
- 20th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
- 19th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
- 18th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
- 17th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
- 16th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
- 15th Street between Market Street and Arch Street
- North Penn Square between 15th Street and Juniper Street
- East Penn Square between John F. Kennedy Blvd. and Market Street
- Market Street between East Penn Square and Front Street
- All cross streets on Market Street from 13th Street to Front Street, from Chestnut Street to Arch Street
- Front Street between Market Street and Chestnut Street
- 5th Street between Chestnut Street to Market Street
- 6th Street between Chestnut Street to Race Street
- Race Street between 5th Street and 6th Street
- 1500-2000 block of John F. Kennedy Boulevard
- 2, 4, 5, 16, 17, 21, 23, 42, 45, 27, 31, 32, 33, 38, 44, 47, 47M, 48, 57, 61, 124 and 125. More info can be found at www.septa.org.