2 Shot at House Party Just Off Temple's Campus - NBC 10 Philadelphia

2 Shot at House Party Just Off Temple's Campus



    House Party Shooting Sends 2 to Hospital

    Two people were rushed to Temple University Hospital after they were shot outside a house party just off Temple U's campus. NBC10's Matt DeLucia was live on the scene where police said more than 100 people -- most Temple students -- were at a party on the 2200 block of North Park Avenue when a fight broke out. The fight spilled onto the street where the men were shot. (Published Friday, April 3, 2015)

    Shots rang out at a crowded house party just off Temple's campus in North Philadelphia sending two men to a nearby hospital with gunshot wounds early Friday morning.

    There was at least 100 people -- most of them Temple students -- at the party at a home on the 2300 block of North Park Avenue when the men were shot around 1:30 a.m., according to Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small.

    "It all started from a fight, inside a party, inside the house," said Small.

    The fight spilled out onto the street and that's where the victims, who don't attend Temple, were shot.

    Shots Fired Outside House Party Just Blocks Away From Temple University

    [PHI] Shots Fired Outside House Party Just Blocks Away From Temple University
    Two shooting victims are being treated at Temple University Hospital after shots were fired on the 2200 block of Park Avenue early Friday morning just outside a house party with more than 100 people inside. Police are now reviewing video from a crime camera that was recording near the incident.
    (Published Friday, April 3, 2015)

    A 19-year-old man was hit three times and was transported to Temple University Hospital in critical condition. A 23-year-old man was shot once and also taken to Temple Hospital, Small said.

    Police in the area heard the gunshots and responded to the scene where they saw the injured victims and a man attempted to put down a gun on the street, police said. That suspect took off, but officers quickly caught up to him. He put up a fight when officers tried to make the arrest.

    A second person was also taken into custody. Neither suspect was a student at Temple.

    The gun was recovered at the scene.

    At least 10 witnesses were being questioned by police overnight, said officials.