Natalie Munroe's rants about her high school students, their parents and other teachers was probably a great way to vent, but posting it online ultimately got her suspended.
Munroe, an Honors English teacher, admitted to administrators at Central Bucks East High School on Wednesday that she did write the posts on her Natalie's Handbasket blog (which was taken down overnight).
One of Munroe's entries, written last January, was about the comments she usually puts down about students when she's posting grades:
"...as the kids get worse and worse, I find that the canned comments don't accurately experess my true sentiments about them. So now I pretty much choose 'Cooperative in Class' for every kid..."
Then she lists the comments she's really like to send to parents:
- Seems smarter than she actually is.
- Has a massive chip on her shoulder
- A complete and utter jerk in all ways. Although academically ok, your child has no other redeeming qualities.
- Nowhere near as good as her sibling. Are you sure they're related?
- Lazy asshole.
- Two words come to mind: brown AND nose.
- Rude, beligerent, argumentaive f***.
- Weirdest kid I've ever met.
- I hear the trash company is hiring.
The list goes on. Other entries include comments about the school's teaching environment and parenting skills.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
An anonymous email we got last nights said:
"She bashed the students, mainly the senior class and now the whole school is in an uproar."
The school's principal said they learned about the blog Wednesday morning and that Munroe admitted to the writings. The conversation stopped there and the principal told us he asked Munroe to leave the building.