$70,000 Reward in North Philadelphia Quadruple Shooting That Left 3 Dead

Nearly 24 hours after the shooting along the 1100 block of Stiles Street, Philadelphia Police say they have no tips from anyone in the community

Three people died while another suffered injuries in a quadruple shooting in North Philadelphia Monday afternoon and a day later, homicide detectives announced a $70,000 reward in hopes of tracking down the killers.

The victims were standing on the 1100 block of Stiles Street around 3:30 p.m. when two men approached and fired 25 shots.

"We believe that someone came east from this location and started firing," Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark said.

Tyair Jabbar of Southwest Philadelphia was struck several times, including twice in the head. The 20-year-old died a short time later at Hahnemann University Hospital, police said. 

Ronald Fenwick, who lived nearby on Girard Avenue, was shot in the head and body. The 32-year-old died a short time later at Temple University Hospital, police said.

Marcello Robertson of Hunting Park was shot in the chest. The 27-year-old died shortly before midnight at Hahnemann Hospital, police said.

A 26-year-old was shot in the stomach and listed in stable condition at the hospital, police said.

"People were laid there dead and the kids had to walk past a dead body," Sophie Coles, a woman who witnessed the shooting, said. "It's crazy."

All four victims are known to police for previous arrests and one man had a gun on him, Clark said.

As of Tuesday afternoon, not one person in the community had come forward with a tip, Clark said. Investigators hoped a $60,000 reward for an arrest and conviction would inspire someone with information to speak up. The Philadelphia Housing Authority kicked in another $10,000 in reward money.

"PHA’s thoughts and prayers are with the families that were affected by this act of violence," PHA president and CEO Kelvin Jeremiah said in a statement. "We are firmly committed to the safety of our residents and the neighborhoods where our developments are located. Anything that threatens the safety of our residents or their neighbors cannot be tolerated. PHA is calling on the community to help put these cowards behind bars."

Family friends say the four victims grew up in the public housing development near where the shooting took place.

"Senseless man," one resident in the neighborhood said. "Senseless. I mean I'm just praying for the families right now man."

Police have not yet released a detailed description of any suspects but say two men were seen fleeing the scene shortly after the shooting and possibly jumping into a small gray SUV.

Two people were killed while two others were injured after a gunman opened fire in North Philadelphia Monday. NBC10’s Drew Smith has the latest on the search for the killer.

A block over from the shooting is the intersection of 10th and Thompson, the namesake for the "TNT Gang." Last year several members of the gang were arrested for alleged ongoing feuds and gun battles. Police have not confirmed whether or not the gang was connected to Monday's shooting. They continue to investigate.

The incident occurred around the same time students were leaving the nearby St. Malachy School. The school went into lockdown due to the shooting.

"I was in the office and all you heard was multiple shots," one student said.

On Tuesday, multiple police cruisers could be seen patrolling the area. Philadelphia Police confirmed to NBC10 that the police presence was a surveillance response to Monday's shooting.

Contact Us