Couple Found in Home Dead for “Some Time”

Police are investigating the discovery of an elderly couple found dead inside their Montgomery County home Friday morning.

Initially, they suspected the two, who were in their 80s, died of carbon monoxide poisoning. However, when emergency crews entered the home on N. Trooper Road in Lower Providence Township, they found no evidence to support that theory.

This evening, officials said they think the couple's deaths were not weather-related, and that they have been deceased for "some time."

A neighbor told NBC10's Lu Ann Cahn that she may have been the last person to see the couple alive, and that was back in November. She said they did not have regular visits from anyone.

The bodies were discovered after someone made a call to the Montgomery County Office of Aging and Adult Services, expressing concern because the couple had not been seen in so long.

Autopsies are scheduled for Saturday.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us