A triple threat of winter storms and bitter cold is cranking up as we speak to slam into the Philadelphia region and tri-state area of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Preparedness will be key ahead of what is turning into a weekend mess and Monday mayhem. Luckily, the forecast is allowing everyone time to be just that: prepared.
Here are the valuable links and facts you need to know, state-by-state, to be ready for power outages and dangerous travel conditions. (And before you go to your individual state, the Red Cross also has a "How to Protect Your Family, Pets, Home" checklist.)
- County-by-county preparedness and shelter information links:
- The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency's ReadyPA winter preparedness guide can be found here.
- All the utility companies serving electric and gas customers, along with links to outage maps for each utility supplier can be found here.
- For rental residents: this is a list by municipality, of who to contact if you lose heat.
- Twitter account for the state Office of Emergency Management, which posts updates consistently throughout storms, can be found here.
- SEPTA Winter Weather
- PATCO Travel Alerts
- NJ Transit Service Alert
- Philadelphia International Airport Twitter account