Coastal Flood Advisory
930 PM EDT Tue Apr 7 2020
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM
* WHAT...Up to one half foot of inundation above ground level
expected in low-lying areas near shorelines and tidal
* WHERE...Ocean, Coastal Ocean and Southeastern Burlington.
* WHEN...From 7 PM Wednesday to 1 AM EDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Minor roadway flooding is possible on the barrier
islands and along the back bays of Ocean County, and in tidal
areas of southeastern Burlington County.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Spotty minor flooding is also possible with
the Wednesday morning high tide.
A Coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some road
closures. Usually, the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to
Visit the Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service at
water.weather.gov/ahps for additional water level and flood