The Eagles returned to the scene of the crime tonight.
The last time the Birds were at Lincoln Financial Field, they mugged the Minnesota Vikings, 38-7, in the NFC Championship Game.
That game turned into a party in the third quarter. Tonight was a party from the start.
Complete coverage of the Philadelphia Eagles and their NFL rivals from NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Over 40,000 Eagles fans (according to the team) showed up to fill the lower bowl of the Linc tonight and created the loudest open practice in recent history.
"That was crazy," Jalen Mills said through a smile, before he ran over to a raucous group of fans waiting for his autograph.
That's where we'll start tonight. You guys are crazy, and I love it.
1. I walked into the Linc about two hours before the practice began and there was already a super long line to get in.
And then you guys filled the lower bowl.
And then you did this.
2. Nick Foles didn't practice tonight and it wasn't immediately clear why. Zach Ertz, who missed Friday for a "rest day" missed practice again. He had a compressions sleeve on his left leg. Shelton Gibson (concussion), Richard Rodgers (shoulder), Markus Wheaton, Ian Park and Asantay Brown also missed practice.
Mike Wallace left practice after an injury. He didn't practice again, but did return to the field and looked to be OK.
3. After pretty much having Friday's session off, Carson Wentz participated in 7-on-7 drills in front of the crowd at the Linc in the full-padded practice. He didn't look great, but at least fans got a chance to see him. He was with the first team during group install, but didn't participate in any 11-on-11s. It's been a week without 11-on-11s for Wentz.
Unfortunately for fans, they saw a lot more Nate Sudfeld and Joe Callahan than they were probably prepared for. Neither was very good tonight.
4. The play of the day came on a deep ball from Sudfeld down the right sideline to Nelson Agholor. It was a perfect ball and somehow Agholor caught the pass between Malcolm Jenkins and Rodney McLeod.
5. Nate Gerry continues to get first-team reps at the weakside linebacker spot, but Kamu Grugier-Hill continues to make plays. Eventually, KGH needs to get more first-team reps. He had a great diving interception on Sudfeld tonight.
6. Donnel Pumphrey had a bad drop in the end zone. The ball went right through his hands. Watch out, Pump. Josh Adams is coming.
7. Practice ended with a touchdown catch from Billy Brown. Remember him? The guy who was going to go from UDFA to third TE in camp. Hasn't happened. It's been a quiet few weeks for him.
8. Watched some OL-DL 1-on-1s tonight. Again, Matt Pryor impressed. Poor Joe Ostman didn't stand a chance.
The most fun back-and-forth battle has been Big V vs. Derek Barnett. They are fun to watch go against each other.
9. Rodney McLeod was a split second away from killing Mike Wallace. Wallace had the ball go to him down the sideline and McLeod pulled up at the last second. In a game, he demolishes him.
10. The best part of military appreciation night. Players sign for vets and fans. It's fun to watch.
Stupid Observation of the Day: There was some guy who showed up to the open practice wearing an Ezekiel Elliott No. 21 jersey. Either that dude is an idiot or severely desperate for attention.