OK… so you ate turkey, stuffing AND mashed potatoes. And you had SECONDS on mom’s famous pumpkin pie. Now, the guilt has set in and you are stressed about gaining weight during the holiday season.
No need to worry! The Sports Club LA’s Advantage Trainer Ronald Jean comes to the rescue. Ronald KNOWS what he’s talking about - the proof is his client, David Beckham, we’d say he looks pretty good!
U.S. & World
Stories that affect your life across the U.S. and around the world.
Here are some of Ronald’s tips for ways to keep the pounds off during the holiday season.
1. Shopping, parties, family get-togethers. We know, we know, it’s a busy time of the year; so don’t put too much pressure on yourself to spend massive amounts of time at the gym. It’s about quality not quantity. Focus on short, intense workouts.
2. Don’t procrastinate. Schedule your workout first thing in the morning to get it out of the way.
3. If you can’t get to the gym - hit the great outdoors. Do winter activities, like ice skating, snowboarding or skiing that require you to stay fit and in shape in order to keep you focused on your health.
4. Walk as much as possible. Park far away from the entrance to the mall, skip the valet and take the stairs instead of the elevator.
5. Wear comfortable workout shoes for shopping so that you can walk faster and longer burning more calories.
6. Eat a lot of protein during the day to avoid overindulging at night. See, those turkey leftovers are a GOOD thing!
7. Eat at home before going out to holiday parties to avoid snacking on junk food just because you are hungry.
8. Go for a little competitive spirit if all else fails. Have a contest with family, friends or coworkers to see who can gain the LEAST amount during the holiday season.
Come January 2nd, you will thank us (and Ronald)!