Serial Rapist Who Preyed On Teenage Girls Sentenced Up to 196 Years in Prison

Antuane Brown preyed on teenage girls who were walking alone in his Germantown neighborhood.

The man who pleaded guilty last year to attacking and raping four girls between the ages of 12 and 17 over the course of three months, terrorizing a Philadelphia neighborhood, will face up to 196 years in prison, a court decided Monday.

Antuane Brown, 25, entered a no-contest guilty plea in October to the four attacks, which targeted teens who were walking or waiting alone in Germantown.

In the first attack, on March 19, 2013, prosecutors said Brown, wearing a mask, grabbed a 12-year-old girl as she waited for a bus to school on Price Street, dragged her into an alley, where he raped and sodomized her. Brown then stole the girl's school ID and told her that if she called police, he would kill her family, prosecutors said.

A little more than a month later, Brown struck again, this time accosting a 17-year-old girl on Chelten Avenue at night April 23, 2013, prosecutors said. In that instance, Brown pointed a gun at his victim and forced her into an alley, where he raped and sodomized her before threatening to kill her and stealing her ID.

On May 19 of the same year, Brown pulled up on a bicycle next to a 15-year-old girl as she walked on Wister Street at night and forced her into an alley at gunpoint, then raped her. A few weeks later, on June 2, prosecutors say Brown struck yet again, that time attacking a 17-year-old girl on Chelten Avenue, jamming a gun into her stomach and forcing her into a field behind a recreation center. He raped and sodomized that victim as well, and then threatened to kill her if she went to police, prosecutors said.

None of the victims listened to Brown's threats, all reporting their assaults to police, who later released video showing part of one of the attacks. Tips eventually led investigators to brown a few days after the June rape, and he was arrested and charged with the crimes.

All four attacks happened within a half-mile of Brown's home, officials said.

Brown could've been slapped with a maximum sentence of 320 years in prison.

Contact Us