A rehab project at a Bethlehem vo-tech school exposed about 100 students to asbestos and some parents were furious when found out.
"This is absolutely outrageous," Cheryl Campbell told the Express-Times. Her 17-year old son worked on the project.
The students spent two months rehabbing the inside of a home in Bethlehem Township. Tuesday night, an asbestos consultant told teachers, parents and students of Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School that the kids were exposed to "an extremely low" level of asbestos in the basement of the home.
"If I slap my child, I'd face criminal charges. But the school can put him in this situation, even thought they knew about the asbestos," said Campbell.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
The school is investigating why teachers and students were not properly notified about the cancer-causing material, according to the report.
Get More: The Express-Times