The clothing store chain Charlotte Russe has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and announced plans to close 94 stores, including three in the Philadelphia region.
The fashion brand supplied NBC10 with a list of stores slated to close including one in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and two in South Jersey. No word yet on when the stores will close.
These are the Philadelphia area Charlotte Russe stores slated to close:
- Tanger Outlets Atlantic City, 122 Christopher Columbus Blvd., Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Moorestown Mall, 400 Route 38, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Willow Grove Park Mall, 2500 Moreland Rd., Willow Grove, PA 19090
Four other Charlotte Russe locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey are also slated to close:
- Brunswick Square, 755 State Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
- Logan Valley, Route 220 & Goods Lane, Altoona, PA 16602
- Robinson Mall, 100 Robinson Centre Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- York Galleria, 2899 Whiteford Rd., York, PA 17402
CNBC reports that the company has more than 500 brick-and-mortar locations. Of those, more than one dozen other mall and outlet locations in the tri-state region, including stores in Cherry Hill, New Jersey; Whitehall, Pennsylvania; Dover, Delaware; and Philadelphia, are not included on the store closing list.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
“Charlotte Russe and Peek stores and online platforms are currently open and continuing to serve customers," a news release said.
Charlotte Russe calls itself a "fashion brand for young women, offering affordable on-trend apparel, shoes and accessories for all sizes, with a fun and engaging shopping experience wherever and whenever she wants."