Toddler Trapped in House Fire Dies - NBC 10 Philadelphia

Toddler Trapped in House Fire Dies

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Toddler Trapped in House Fire Dies
    A 16-month old boy died in a house fire Friday morning. His siblings, 8 and 10, survived.

    A little boy died when his family's house caught fire Friday morning. He was sleeping in a crib upstairs.

    Neighbor Jim Lassiter says he heard a family member scream, "The baby's in the front room! I can't get to him! Help! Help!"

    Lassiter said he tried to save the 16-month old, but the smoke was too thick and the fire too hot.

    Firefighters got into the Clifton Heights home moments after they arrived and brought the little boy out. He was rushed to the hospital but he did not survive.

    Little Boy Trapped in Crib During Fire

    [PHI] Little Boy Trapped in Crib During Fire
    Neighbor talks about how he tried to save child.
    (Published Friday, March 20, 2009)

    People in the neighborhood were devastated. Store owner Linda Ceritano said the little boy had a great smile.

    "He would come in with sunglasses and I'd look at him and say, 'Hey, movie star!' and he'd look at me with this smile that would just light up the room."

    The fire started in the kitchen and shot through a vent into the upstairs bedroom.