After being rescheduled due to rain, the Mummers Parade returns to Philadelphia on Sunday, which means a series of road closures and parking restrictions.
The colorful strut down Broad Street had been noticeably absent during the COVID-19 pandemic era, but city officials have deemed it safe to go on this year, though masks will be required. Health experts are also encouraging people to wear masks, avoid extremely crowded areas and stay outdoors.
Below are the closures and when they’ll be implemented, per the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation Department.
Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022
Get Philly local news, weather forecasts, sports and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Philadelphia newsletters.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 3 a.m. on Jan. 2, 2022 through the conclusion of the parade:
- 15th Street from Arch Street to Chestnut Street
- Market Street from 15th Street to 16th Street
Broad Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from South Penn Square to Washington Avenue on Jan. 2, 2022 beginning at 7 a.m. through the conclusion of the parade.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
Additional Parking Restrictions on Jan. 2, 2022
Temporary “No Parking” zones will be in effect from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Jan. 2, 2022 — both sides of street unless otherwise noted:
- Broad Street from Arch Street to Ellsworth Street
- Juniper Street from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to South Penn Square (east side)
- South Penn Square from Juniper Street to 15th Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th Street to 20th Street
- North Side of Logan Circle
- North Broad Street from Cherry Street to John F. Kennedy Boulevard
- 16th Street from Chestnut Street to Race Street
- 17th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Ludlow Street
- 18th Street from Race Street to Ludlow Street
- 19th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Chestnut Street
- 19th Street from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to Market Street
- 1500 block of Ranstead Street
- 1300 block of Carpenter Street
- 1000 block of South 13th Street
- Chestnut Street from 15th Street to 18th Street (north side)
- Cherry Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
- Arch Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
- Washington Avenue from 12th Street to 18th Street