Recipe Courtesy of Chef Katie Cavuto Boyle, Healthy Bites
Poached Salmon and Orzo Salad
1 cup orzo
8-10 oz salmon
¼ cup fennel, diced
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Cook 1 cup of orzo using package instructions.
2. Cut salmon into 3 equal pieces and poach in simmer water (just enough to cover the salmon) for 5-8 minutes.
3. Remove the salmon from the water, cool and flake into pieces.
4. Toss salmon with cooled orzo, fennel, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Package in a sealable container that is easy to pack and go and keep refrigerated before serving.
Peach and Tomato Salad
3-4 local peaches, cut into 8-10 wedges
3-4 local tomatoes, cute into 8-10 wedges
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons basil, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Combine peaches, tomato and onion in a sealable container.
2. Pack vinegar and basil separately and toss with salad before serving.