"Her deal is done. There are no ifs, ands or buts," an E! source said. "Done. She will be back."
When contacted by Access Hollywood, a rep for "Idol" had no comment on the new report.
The news comes after the future of another judge, Paula Abdul, has been in question.
"She's not a happy camper as a result of what's going on. She's hurt. She's angry," David Sonenberg, Paula's manager, told the Los Angeles Times earlier this month, claiming that Paula had yet to receive a new contract proposal at the time.
Meanwhile, host Ryan Seacrest was awarded a $45 million three-year contract earlier this summer, making him the highest-paid reality host on television.
"Idol" Season 9 auditions are underway, with the show set to return this fall.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'American Idol' Season 8 Top 13
PLAY IT NOW: Dish Of Salt: 'American Idol' Season 8 Finale, Red Carpet Arrivals (May 20, 2009)
PLAY IT NOW: Kara DioGuardi Talks 'Idol' Rumors