A woman is fighting for her life and a young boy is recovering after a propane tank exploded inside an RV in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia.
Police say a 36-year-old woman was cooking inside a moving RV on E. Cheltenham Avenue and Oakland Street Saturday morning around 10:15 a.m.
As she was cooking, the propane tank inside the vehicle exploded, causing a fire.
Responding firefighters managed to put out the blaze. The woman suffered burns to her legs and hands. She was taken to Temple University Hospital where she is currently in critical condition.
Investigators also say a 5-year-old boy suffered minor scrapes on both legs but was not hospitalized.
Two other adults inside the RV were not injured in the explosion.