In light of the Phillies marketing executive who lost his 2008 World Series ring when he left it in a ballpark bathroom, we bring you the Top Five Claims for Jewelry Insurance over the past five years, courtesy of Jeweler’s Mutual Insurance.
Apparently the Phillies exec isn’t alone in his costly folly:
1. Left/lost it in a public restroom -- 12 percent
2. Unsure whether lost or stolen -- 10 percent
3. Lost while traveling -- 8 percent
4. Chipped a stone -- 5 percent
5. Accidentally threw it in the garbage -- 4 percent
The lesson to be learned? Keep a closer eye on your valuables when you go to the bathroom from now on.