It's time to usher in 2014!
New Year's Eve is here and there's plenty to do around the Philadelphia region.
Here's some events happening (and not):
- Fireworks at Penns Landing offers great views from the Philadelphia and Camden sides at 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. Need to know the best place to view the fireworks? Look no further, here.
- A "chick" will drop in Bethlethem at the Peepsfest.
- A lighted 8-foot mushroom drops in Kennett Square.
- First Night in Seaside Heights is celebrated for the first time in two years.
- The Blue Cross RiverRink has skating sessions all day and evening.
- Unfortunately, the Delaware Art Museum cancelled its annual New Year's party due to low ticket sales.
It's already New Year's somewhere in the world. Check out these must see photos of New Year's celebrations around the world.
The mummers are in full swing and ready to celebrate New Year's Day at the annual Mummers Parade. Check out some of their preparations here.
It's time to party, but also a time to be safe. This morning, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams said, "What goes up must come down." His statement comes in advance of area New Year's celebrations. Police commissioner Charles Ramsay warned the public that shooting guns to celebrate the new year will not be tolerated in Philadelphia.