An elderly couple is dead and two families are displaced following a fire that tore through four homes in the Kingsessing section of the city Friday night.
The fire began around 10 p.m. in a home on the 1000-block of Frazier St. and quickly spread through three others.
The elderly couple was found dead on the second floor the home where the blaze broke out and two families from neighboring homes were displaced.
One of the families is staying at the Red Cross House, according to Red Cross spokesperson Dave Schrader. .
Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says that a space heater may have caused the blaze.
No word on the identity of the dead couple.