Two Northampton County elementary school kids were taken to the hospital on Monday after having some type of "symptoms," possibly from ingesting a controlled substance, according to Frank DeFelice, Acting Superintendent for Bangor Area School District.
Bangor Police tell NBC10 that the 7 and 10-year-old brothers ingested something, possibly at their home or on the bus ride to school.
State Police are testing a liquid green substance found inside the home of the young boys, according to Bangor Police, who believe it could be the "smiles" drug.
The hallucinogenic drug has been getting national attention after being linked to the recent deaths of two teenagers in Grand Forks, North Dakota, according to an MSNBC report.
NBC10 is in Northampton County working to find out more about this developing story and will update you when we find out more.