Atlantic City police say a body found in a local canal is that of a man who went missing earlier this month.
But it's not yet clear what caused the death of 49-year-old city resident Patrick Jacobs.
Authorities responded to the Penrose Avenue Canal shortly after 8:30 a.m. Sunday when a woman reported seeing something that appeared to be a body. Officers found the body around 9 a.m. in a marshy area.
Atlantic City Police Sgt. Monica McMenamin tells The Press of Atlantic City that no signs of foul play or external trauma to the body were found during an autopsy. But further details were not disclosed.
Jacobs had last been seen on April 6.
Also on NBC10.com:
- Woman Charged With Beating Dog to Death
- 7 Arrested in Prostitution Bust
- Funeral Director Gets Into Fistfight
- Specific Wording on Medical Bills Hike Costs for Patients
- What's Next for Bombing Suspect?
- Funeral Services Scheduled for Pa. Guardsman