Grilled chicken with white bean salad and citrus vinaigrette
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 each Chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- ½ Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 15oz Canned White beans
- ½ each Red Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ each English cucumber
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Mint (chopped)
- For Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Fresh Orange Juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Top Taste Salt and pepper
- Season chicken breast with salt pepper and coat with olive oil. Grill over medium heat till done about 8 minutes.
Rinse beans and set aside. Now cook onions in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Next add garlic and continue to cook till onions are wet and almost clear looking.
Next add beans and cook for two more minutes, Remove from heat and toss in cucumber, pepper, cilantro and mint.
Finally, in a small bowl whisk together orange juice, zest, vinegar, cumin and oil till combined.
Place lettuce cups on plate and top with white salad then chicken breast and drizzle with orange cumin vinaigrette. Serve warm can be made in advance, as well as grilled the chicken breast.