Phillies announce 2022 schedule, dates, times, opponents originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia
The Phillies on Wednesday released their full 2022 schedule complete with dates and opponents for all 162 games, including kicking off the season with Interleague play in Houston against the Astros on March 31.
The Phillies' home opener next season will be April 8 against the Oakland Athletics, after five straight on the road to open the campaign.
Complete coverage of the Fightin' Phils and their MLB rivals from NBC Sports Philadelphia.
You can find the full schedule at this link.
A few more highlights from a first look at the schedule:
1. Here's a look at the Phils' first series of the season with each team in the NL East:
- Nationals: April 5-6, at Washington
- Mets: April 11-13, at home
- Marlins: April 14-17, at Miami
- Braves: May 23-26, at Atlanta
Not facing the Braves until late May sure feels weird! That's crazy late in the year to finally play a division rival, particularly since it feels like the Phillies always open the season against the Atlanta. The times, they are a'changing.
2. Mike Trout visits Philadelphia for a three-game series June 3-5, so everyone can yell at Trout about signing a long-term extension in Los Angeles instead of returning to the Delaware Valley, and also ask him what he thinks of the Eagles trading for Aaron Rodgers.
3. The Phillies finish the series with a three-game road series against the Nationals. Can you imagine the Phillies, in the thick of a division title race, winning the NL East on a walk-off from Bryce Harper in the Nationals' home park? It's totally fictional, but now I need to see it.
The Phillies, of course, are 53-52 and just 1.5 games back of the Mets in the 2021 season, so let's try to enjoy this stretch run before we start looking at next year's calendar too closely.