Officials say a power outage that affected 2,471 people and forced a Pennsylvania elementary school to close was caused by a squirrel.
Park Elementary School in Columbia had to close Tuesday morning after the critter came into contact with a primary wire, starting a fire and causing the wires to fall.
Officials say no one was injured in the Lancaster County incident.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
PPL crews managed to restore electricity to all but 252 people within a few hours.
PPL Electric Utilities spokeswoman Jessica Long tells LNP the squirrel also caused a circuit breaker to trip and cause fuses in a transformer to malfunction, knocking out power for 21 customers.
PPL has been adding animal guard insulators at the end of transformers to prevent these types of incidents.