Don't expect to be driving anywhere near the Philadelphia Museum of Art Labor Day Weekend as the 2016 Budweiser Made in America Festival takes over the Benjamin Franklin Parkway leading to plenty of road closures and detours.
Friday, Sept. 2:
The following streets were closed starting at 10 a.m.:
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
- Outer lanes of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th Street and Eakins Oval
- 23rd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- 22nd Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Park Towne Place
- 21st Street between Pennsylvania Avenue and Winter Street
- Kelly Drive outbound from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Fairmount Avenue
Starting 10 a.m., traffic headed inbound to Center City from Spring Garden Street Bridge or Martin Luther King Drive must exit Eakins Oval on the 24th Street ramp. Traffic headed inbound on Kelly Drive mist exit Kelly Drive at Fairmount Avenue.[[392132531, C]]
Saturday, Sept. 3:
All road closures around the festival site will begin at 10 a.m. and remain through the duration of the ticketed event featuring Rihanna and Coldplay. The complete list of closures and no parking restrictions is outlined below:
- The entire width of Benjamin Franklin Parkway, beginning at 20th Street extending through Eakins Oval and behind the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- 21st Street between Winter and Spring Garden Streets
- 22nd Street between Race Street and Fairmount Avenue [[238904721, C]]
- 23rd Street between Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Fairmount Avenue
- 24th Street between Fairmount and Pennsylvania Avenues
- Spring Garden Street between 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway, including the Spring Garden Street Tunnel
- Kelly Drive between 23rd Street and Fairmount Avenue
- Martin Luther King Drive between Falls Bridge and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Pennsylvania Avenue between Hamilton and Fairmount Avenues
- 2000 block of Pennsylvania Avenue between the Whole Foods store and 21st Street
- Park Towne Place between 22nd and 24th Streets
- I-676 westbound off-ramp at 22nd Street [[369313031, C]]
- South side of Pennsylvania Avenue between 22nd Street and Fairmount Avenue
- Both sides of Winter Street between 20th and 22nd Streets
- East side of 20th Street between Vine and Callowhill Streets
- Both sides of 21st Street between Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Race Street
- Both sides of 22nd Street between Winter and Spring Garden Streets
- Both sides of the street at Park Towne Place between 22nd and 24th Streets
The City of Philadelphia Mayor's Office reminds folks that delays can be expected during the course of the event build and on the dates of the event. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes and adding extra driving time in the areas near the concert.
All roadways will be open prior to morning rush hour on Tuesday with traffic patterns returning to normal. Some low-impact parking and travel lane restrictions will remain in place until late Tuesday night.
Not headed to the festival and just looking to avoid the whole scene but still want to hear some great music? The festival will stream LIVE on Tidal with proceeds going to area United Ways.