A county hard hit by power outages from last week's ice storm is once again dealing with storm-related power outages.
A nor'easter slammed the area with snow this morning leaving nearly thousands of customers in Chester County, Pa. without power, according to PECO.
Luckily within a couple of hours most people in the county hit with up to 10 inches more of snow had their power back after PECO quickly dispatched crews to the area to deal with the outages, which topped out around 5,300 before 8 a.m.
Breaking news and the stories that matter to your neighborhood.
Chester County was hard hit by last week's ice storm with more than 80 percent of the county's 212,200 customers without power at one point.
Another 2,000 or so PECO customers were without power in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties by midday but most got power back fairly quickly.
PECO, the largest power provider in the Philadelphia region with more than 1.6 million customers, dispatched more than 5,000 workers from around North America to finally get all power restored from last Tuesday's storm by this Wednesday morning.
The storm, which coated the region in anywhere between a quarter-inch to a half-inch of ice, resulted in the second worst outage in PECO's history and their worst winter storm outage ever.
In New Jersey, PSE&G reported around 400 weather-related outages scattered throughout their coverage area.
Across the border in Delaware, Delmarva Power reported about 6,900 customers in New Castle County, according to Gov. Jack Markell.
Officials urge people without power to alert the utility and DO NOT call 911.
You can use the following numbers to report your loss of power or make a report through each company's website.
- Emergency: 1-800-841-4141 (24 hour service)
- Customer Service: 1-800-494-4000 (Mon through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sat. 9 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Emergency: 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775 (24 hour service)
- Customer Service: 1-800-DIAL-PPL (1-800-342-5775) (Mon. through Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Emergency: 1-800-833-7476
- Customer Service: 1-800-642-3780
- Emergency: 800-436-PSEG (7734) (24 hour service)
- Emergency: New Castle County (DE) and Cecil and Harford Counties (MD) 1-800-898-8042
- Kent and Sussex Counties (DE) and the Eastern Shore of Maryland 1-800-898-8045