Elderly Man Set Afire Filling Cigarette Lighter ID'd

Authorities in western Pennsylvania have released the name of a man who died last week after he caught on fire while filling a cigarette lighter.

The Fayette County coroner's office says 75-year-old Arthur Stutler of Leisenring died of complications from second-degree flash burns.

Officials said he was connected to an oxygen apparatus that ignited at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday in Dunbar Township.

Coroner Phillip Reilly said a flash burn injured the man's face and upper body, and Stutler was pronounced dead at the scene.

Reilly said the man's health was among possible contributing factors in his office's investigation.

State police said the death was an accident.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us