Jimmy John's Fire Ruled Accidental

Landmark burns down on its 70th anniversary

The fire that gutted a Delaware County landmark has been ruled accidental.

Beloved hot dog joint Jimmy John's was destroyed by a blaze Saturday morning as staffers readied the Chadds Ford, Pa. restaurant for its 70th anniversary celebration.

An investigation found that the fire began in the kitchen near the grill and then spread to the walls and roof.

Employees tried to put the fire out, but it grew too quickly. By the time firefighters arrived, the restaurant, which sits along West Chester Pike, was fully involved.

Owner Roger Steward says he hopes to rebuild, but still is unsure what's next.

Contact Us