A woman’s body was discovered Wednesday in a vacant lot in the 100-block of East Tusculum Street. She was partially clothed, police said. Police expect to find out today how she died.
"All we know right now is we have a suspicious death; female," said Police Commissior Charles Ramsey.
The woman's body was found in a vacant lot within blocks of where two women were killed by a man dubbed the Kensington Strangler.
Investigators think the same man is responsible for three other attacks. Those women managed to escape.
"Any death of a suspicious nature in this area, we're going to take a real hard look to see whether or not it's part of the pattern that's going on out here," said Ramsey.
Police don’t yet know if the latest murder has any connection to the serial strangler, but the Kensington Strangler task force is investigating.
"Whether or not she went there to use drugs, whether or not this is part of the pattern, we just don't know the answer to that yet," Ramsey said.
The woman appears to be in her twenties.
Last week, police released surveillance video of a man they think might be responsible for one of the sexual assaults.