Fire crews evacuated workers from a Delaware County office building Wednesday afternoon after several people were sickened by fumes in the building.
Shortly after 1 p.m., crews responded to International Plaza in Tinicum Township, to an office building that houses several businesses. Authorities in Delaware County said that the fourth and fifth floors, which serve as office space for AmeriHealth Insurance, were filled with some kind of fume that caused an odor. Firefighters evacuated workers from both floors, and one person was taken to a local hospital. Several others were being evaluated to determine whether they, too, would require hospital treatment.
Investigators are still working to determine the source of the odor and fumes.