Carbon Monoxide Sickens 5 Inside West Philadelphia Home

Five people wound up hospitalized after carbon monoxide fumes overtook their West Philadelphia home.

Philadelphia firefighters received a call to respond to the 5000 block of Market Street just before 4:15 a.m. Sunday.

The fumes sickened five people. As a precaution, medics took the victims to the Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania. Firefighters didn’t immediately reveal the victims’ conditions.

Firefighters opened windows and the front door of the home to release the fumes.

It wasn't clear what caused the fumes.

Contact Us