Woman Hurt in Fire, Hoarding Likely - NBC 10 Philadelphia

Woman Hurt in Fire, Hoarding Likely



    Firefighters said that likely hoarding hindered their efforts after flames broke out in Olney. (Published Monday, Aug. 4, 2014)

    A woman suffered smoke inhalation when flames broke out in her home early Monday. And, Philadelphia firefighters say that hoarding hindered their efforts as they fought back flames in the woman’s Olney section home.

    The flames broke out shortly around 2 a.m. in a corner row house at W Ashdale and 3rd Streets.

    A 60-year-old resident suffered some burns and suffered smoke inhalation includoing soot in her mouth. Crews rushed her to Temple University Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

    Firefighters remained at the home putting out hotspots for hours. They said that even though they made quick work putting out the flames that their efforts were hindered by a potential hoarding situation in the home.