A central Pennsylvania house fire that caused a porch to collapse, killing a volunteer firefighter, has been ruled an accident.
A state police fire marshal from Clearfield says the March 3 fire started when a mattress leaning against a wall fell onto propane heater.
Eighteen-year-old Lawrence Township firefighter Jeffrey Buck died several days after the porch roof collapsed onto him and two other firefighters. The other two suffered only minor injuries, and the couple who lived there with three children also escaped with only minor injuries.
The investigation into the porch roof collapse itself continued Wednesday.
The Moshannon Valley branch of the YMCA was collecting items for Buck's unborn child. His girlfriend is pregnant.
He was a senior at Clearfield Area High School.