Recipe Courtesy of Chef Macgregor Mann, Amada
- 5 Plum Tomatoes, Peeled, Diced 1/4 inch
- 1 Onion Small Dice
- 2 Garlic Minced
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Box Pomi Tomatoes
- 1 Green Pepper, Roasted, Peeled
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Pinch Chili Flakes
- 1/4 BU Thyme, Basil, Bay Leaf
***Season ingredients as you go, every time you add unseasoned product to the cooking pot add the appropriate amount of salt and pepper to taste***
- In mixing bowl toss diced onions with sugar and a pinch of salt, add extra virgin olive oil to a rondo pot over medium heat and slowly cook onions until golden brown (be sure to have enough oil to cover onions all the way) while onions are cooking.
- Blanch tomatoes in fryer, peel and dice.
- Reserve cut tomatoes and 1 box of Pomi Tomatoes in a mixing bowl for later use.
- When onions are golden brown add chopped garlic, smoked paprika, and cinnamon.
- Cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes, this will help to prevent a "chalky" texture from the paprika.
- Add reserved tomato product, herbs, and chilies to the pot along with water and allow to cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 hours until tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Blend sauce with hand blender, creating a pureed yet slightly chunky texture bound with extra virgin olive oil.
- To finished fold in diced roasted green peppers.