Suspect in Wild Police Chase Tries to Escape at KOP Mall: Police

A man was arrested after he allegedly led police on a wild chase on I-76 and then tried to escape at the King of Prussia Mall.

On Saturday around 5:35 p.m., a State Trooper spotted a black Cadillac CTS traveling at a high speed on I-76 near the Gulph Mills Exit in Lower Merion Township.

The Trooper pursued the vehicle which continued to speed in the westbound lanes of I-76 for 2.5 miles before taking Exit 330/Gulph Mills, according to investigators. During the chase, investigators say the state trooper’s vehicle collided with a Ford Explorer at the intersection of Matsonford and County Line Roads in Radnor Township, Delaware County.

The trooper along with the driver and passenger inside the Ford Explorer all suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

After the collision, investigators say the black Cadillac traveled over an embankment and crashed in a wooded area. The driver, identified as 22-year-old William Greene of Philadelphia, fled to a nearby home and asked the homeowner for a ride, according to police.

Two other passengers inside the Cadillac, identified as 20-year-old Krystin Bowie and 20-year-old Kayla Gulledge, were apprehended at the scene by responding police officers. Both women were taken to Paoli Hospital where they were treated for injuries they suffered during the cash.

The homeowner, unaware of the police chase, drove Greene to the King of Prussia Mall, according to investigators. Police say they learned Greene was at the mall and waiting for a ride from his mother. Police contacted mall security and also notified several local departments. Greene was spotted and detained by mall security, according to investigators. He was taken into custody and charged.

Investigators also say Gulledge was wanted out of Maryland for failure to appear for a drug possession charge. She was taken into custody for processing and is being temporarily housed at the Lower Merion Police Department pending an arraignment.

Contact Us