Streets along the parade route will be closed leading up to the parade and surrounding streets may see an increase of traffic as cars are diverted.
Parade Route Details
- Starting at 20th Street and Market Street, the parade will continue east on Market five blocks until reaching 15th Street.
- The parade turns left on 15th Street and heads north for two blocks to Arch Street.
- The parade turns left on Arch Street and proceeds west one block to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- The parade veers right for three blocks on Benjamin Franklin Parkway until reaching Logan Circle.
- The parade loops around Logan Circle and continues on Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Eakins Oval.
- Continuing down Eakins Oval, the parade finishes in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Best Places to Watch From care of GoPhila.com:
- In front of the Art Museum on the south side of Eakins Oval
- The end of the parade at the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Along points on Benjamin Franklin Parkway or Logan Circle.
- At the parade start at 20th and Market -- on foot, cut through the route heading north on 20th Street five blocks until reaching the Parkway and catch-up with the parade.
Fun attractions for the Kids
- Characters from Sesame Street and Disney
- The Chronicles of Narnia float
- Kermit the Frog and Elmo balloons
- Frosty the Snowman
- Santa Claus
- Miss America
- Rachel Ray
- Mario (Dancing With The Stars)
- Justin Guarini (American Idol)
- The Eagles Cheerleaders
- Maxine Nightingale
Happy Holidays and enjoy this year's Thanksgiving Day Parade!