Philadelphia will continue the oldest Thanksgiving Day Parade tradition when Kermit the Frog, Elmo and Frosty the Snowman balloons as well as bands and floats march down the Parkway.
The 6ABC/IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade will take place on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City on Thursday. The parading run from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
Streets along the parade route will be closed leading up to the parade and surrounding streets may see an increase of traffic as cars are diverted.
Parade Route Details
- Starting at 20th Street and Market Street, the parade will continue east on Market five blocks until reaching 15th Street.
- The parade turns left on 15th Street and heads north for two blocks to Arch Street.
- The parade turns left on Arch Street and proceeds west one block to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- The parade veers right for three blocks on Benjamin Franklin Parkway until reaching Logan Circle.
- The parade loops around Logan Circle and continues on Benjamin Franklin Parkway to Eakins Oval.
- Continuing down Eakins Oval, the parade finishes in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
Click here for parade route map.
Best Places to Watch From care of GoPhila.com:
- In front of the Art Museum on the south side of Eakins Oval
- The end of the parade at the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Along points on Benjamin Franklin Parkway or Logan Circle.
- At the parade start at 20th and Market -- on foot, cut through the route heading north on 20th Street five blocks until reaching the Parkway and catch-up with the parade.
Fun attractions for the Kids
- Characters from Sesame Street and Disney
- The Chronicles of Narnia float
- Kermit the Frog and Elmo balloons
- Frosty the Snowman
- Santa Claus
- Miss America
- Rachel Ray
- Mario (Dancing With The Stars)
- Justin Guarini (American Idol)
- The Eagles Cheerleaders
- Maxine Nightingale
Happy Holidays and enjoy this year's Thanksgiving Day Parade!