By: Steve Poses
· 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
· 1 tablespoon peanut oil
· ½ cup popcorn kernels
· 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1) Heat oil in large, heavy pot over moderately high heat. Add popcorn and partially cover. When popcorn starts to pop, shake pot every 30 seconds, keeping lid ajar. Continue until popping slows down significantly. Turn off heat. Wait a few moments and transfer popcorn to a bow.
2) Heat butter in a skillet over moderate heat. When foaming subsides, add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Pour over popcorn. Sprinkle popcorn with Parmesan and salt to taste. Toss and serve.
Do Ahead: Popcorn can be popped several hours ahead and stored in an airtight container, then seasoned with garlic butter just before serving.