“Mardi Gras” returns to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City this summer with a free concert series.
And this year, you get nearly double the fun -- 13 concerts, reports the Press of Atlantic City. Last year, there were eight.
"Some of the hottest, new cutting edge music in these genres is coming out of New Orleans," producer Carmen Marotta told the paper.
The concert series kicks off June 27 at 6:30 p.m. with the rockabilly Commander Cody Band.
- July 3: Jersey Shore Champ Billy Walton versus Mississippi Challenger Vasti Jackson
- July 11: The Fabulous Thunderbirds featuring Kim Wilson
- July 18: The Music that made Tony Mart's famous performed by the Tony Mart Allstar Band including Danny Eyer and others.
- July 25: Cyril Neville and Tribe 13
- Aug 1: The Otis Clay Band
- Aug 8: Jumpin' Johnny Sansone and his band, with special guest Susan Cowsill
- Aug 15: The Soul Rebels Brass Band, The Billy Watson Band
- Aug 16: Jimmy Thackery and the Drivers, The Soul Rebels Brass Band
- Aug 17: Terrance Simien & the Zydeco Experience, Lil' Martha
- Aug 22: Bonerama
- Aug 29: The Curtis Salgado Band
- Sept 4: Roomful of Blues, Honey Island Swamp Band