Back To School Muffins
Courtesy of Chef Angela Carlino
Updated 12:02 PM EDT, Tue, Sep 4, 2012
Yield: 12 Muffins
Time: 35 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup milk
¼ vegetable oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
· Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
· Stir together the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
· In a smaller bowl carefully crack the egg into the bowl and whisk the milk and oil together with the egg.
· Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
· Mix all of the ingredients together. Use a fork for this step!
· Add the blueberries and mix lightly. Be sure not to mix too much. Now you have a batter!
· Line a muffin pan with muffin papers and pour the batter in each paper. Be sure not to fill all the way to the top.
· Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
First Published: Sep 4, 2012 11:02 AM EDT