A little mind candy for the middle of your day

PSU Student Sues Landlord Over Hot Shower

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    College students sometimes complain about cold showers but this time a Pennsylvania collegian is suing because he says his shower was too hot.

    A Penn State University student is suing his former landlord, alleging he was burned by a scalding shower at his S Allen Street apartment in State College.

    The Centre Daily Times reports Novi, Mich., resident Jason Miller is seeking more than $75,000 in damages from Michael Falk, of Falk Realty and Falk Realty Management Inc.

    In the suit filed Friday in U.S. Middle District Court, Miller alleges he fainted in the shower March 5 and suffered second- and third-degree burns from the hot water that required a month of "in-patient hospital/rehab medical care."

    The suit says the shower faucet at the Twin Towers unit had not been updated since 1969 and was not equipped with an anti-scalding device. It also claims the temperature was set at or above 135 degrees Fahrenheit.

    Miller says he suffered burns and scarring and that his skin is unusually sensitive to sunlight.

    A message left for Falk on Tuesday by the Associated Press was not immediately returned.

     


    Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS