A gas explosion leveled a Gloucester County home Friday afternoon.
One neighbor tells NBC10 they heard the blast on the 200 block of Chestnut Street in Westville, N.J. around 1:30 p.m.
No one was inside the house when it blew up and no one outside the house was injured.
Gloucester County Prosecutors say the blast, in an unoccupied home that was recently placed on the market after sitting vacant for two years, appeared to be caused by leaking natural gas.
Utility PSE&G says they responded to the scene around 1:50 p.m. and turned off the gas at the curb.
Chopper 10 arrived on the scene around 2 p.m. to find the leveled home still smoldering as firefighters sprayed water onto the hot spots. The fire was out by about 2:30, prosecutors said.
All that remained was a pile of rubble.
Prosecutors say that the homeowner reported that some metal piping was taken from the home a few days ago.
The investigation is ongoing.