Live Wire Shocks SEPTA Worker

Monday, Apr 22, 2013  |  Updated 11:19 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Live Wire Shocks SEPTA Worker

NBC10.com

A worker was shocked at SEPTA's West Trenton Station April 22, 2013.

advertisement

A 49-year-old man suffered burns on much of his body after being shocked while working on a SEPTA train early this morning.

Ewing Police say they were called to SEPTA’s West Trenton Train Station, on Sullivan Way, around 12:20 a.m. for the report of a man on the roof of a SEPTA train.

The man was conscious but he couldn’t move as they wires remained live overhead, according to police.

Crews powered down the wires and the man was able to be medivaced to St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, N.J. with third-degree burns to a “substantial portion of his body,” according to police.

The man, who wasn’t identified, was inspecting the car when he was shocked, according to SEPTA. He remained in serious condition as of the late morning.

It's not clear if the inspection was routine or because of a problem.

Related Stories

SEPTA is currently in the process of holding public meetings about proposed fare hikes and other changes to the transit system. People in Bucks County can weigh in on the changes at meetings today at 2 and 6 p.m. at the library on Pine Street in Doylestown, Pa.

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out