Fire Breaks Out at West Oak Lane Home

It happened early Tuesday morning at a home on the 7200 block of Cornelius Street.

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A family is safe after escaping a house fire in the West Oak Lane section of the city. NBC10's Claudia Rivero spoke to the homeowner about what he believes caused the blaze.

    Crews are at the scene of a fire in the West Oak Lane section of the city.

    It happened early Tuesday morning at a home on the 7200 block of Cornelius Street. The family living in the home managed to escape unharmed and firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control.

    The fire caused extensive damage at the house. The homeowner told NBC10 he believes the fire started in the basement and may have been caused by an electrical problem. Fire officials have not yet confirmed this however.