2 Hurt After Chlorine, Water Mixture Explodes

Sunday, Aug 4, 2013  |  Updated 12:45 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
2 Hurt After Chlorine, Water Mixture Explodes

NBC10.com

advertisement

Authorities say an unstable mixture of water and chlorine caused an explosion inside a southern New Jersey home, injuring the homeowner and a neighbor who came to his aid.

The Asbury Park Press reports 62-year-old Russell Rocca of Surf City was diluting chlorine with water to be used in his hot tub when the mixture became unstable and exploded.

Rocca's neighbor, 43-year-old John Herrmann, heard the blast and tried to enter Rocca's home. But the intense chemical odor caused Hermann to become light headed and unable to help his neighbor.

Rocca was treated for burns to the face and difficulty breathing, while Herrmann was treated for undisclosed minor injuries.

Also on NBC10.com:

Double Fatal Shooting Causes Car Crash

Water Main Break Shuts Down Road in Wynnewood

Caught on Cam: "Panhandler" Pranks SEPTA Passengers

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out