The shooting happened around 9 p.m. on August 22, 2011, at the Kingsessing Recreation Center near 50th Street and Chester Avenue. About five hundred people were watching or playing in an over-18 summer league playoff game when a gunman walked towards one of the courts and fired at least 11 shots directed towards a man near center court, according to Philadelphia Police.
Six people were shot, according to police.
- An unidentified man was shot in the stomach.
- A 19-year-old woman was shot in the leg and foot.
- An 18-year-old man was shot in the leg.
- A 19-year-old man was shot in the knee.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg.
- A 23-year-old man was shot in the thigh.
All six of the victims survived the shooting. Police later recovered a gun that may have been used in the shooting about eight blocks away from the scene.
Nearly one and a half years later, police announced an arrest in the shooting. Last January, police issued an arrest warrant for Isaiah Davis, 24, of South 51st Street. Police say Davis turned himself in to Southwest Detectives on Wednesday around 2 p.m.
Davis is charged with multiple counts of attempted murder, aggravated assault and other related offenses.