What to Know
- The Philadelphia Marathon Weekend starts on Friday, November 22 and will end on Sunday, November 24.
- Several road closures will be in place for the weekend event.
- Take a look at the full list of road closures.
Thousands of runners will race through the city this weekend for the annual Philadelphia Marathon. That means traffic in the area will come to a screeching halt this weekend. Take a look at all the road closures for the Philly Marathon Weekend:
The following streets will be closed starting at 2 a.m. on Sunday:
- 17th Street, from Arch Street to Vine Street
- 18th Street, from Arch Street to Callowhill Street
- 19th Street, from Arch Street to Callowhill Street
- 20th Street, from Arch Street to Callowhill Street
- 21st Street, from Arch Street to Spring Garden Street
- 22nd Street, from Arch Street to Spring Garden Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway, from 16th Street to 22nd Street
- Arch Street, between 3rd Street and 16th Street
- 4th Street, between Arch Street and Vine Streets
- Race Street, from 6th Street to Columbus Boulevard
- Columbus Boulevard (southbound lanes), from Vine Street to Washington Avenue
- Southbound off-ramp, from I-95 at Washington Avenue
- Washington Avenue, from Columbus Boulevard to Front Street
- Front Street, from Washington Avenue to South Street
- South Street, from Front Street to 7th Street
- 6th Street, from Bainbridge Street to Market Street
- Chestnut Street, from 6th Street to 23rd Street
- 22nd Street, from Locust Street to Market Street
- Walnut Street, from 21st Street to 34th Street
- 33rd Street, from Walnut Street to Chestnut Street
- Chestnut Street, from 33rd Street to 34th Street
- 34th Street, from Chestnut Street to Girard Avenue
- Lansdowne Drive, from Girard Avenue to South Concourse Drive
- South Concourse Drive, from Lansdowne to West Memorial Hall Drive
- East Memorial Hall Drive, from South Concourse to Avenue of the Republic
- Avenue of the Republic, from East Memorial Hall Drive to Catholic Fountain
- Belmont Avenue, Montgomery to Parkside Avenue
- States Drive to Lansdowne Drive
- Lansdowne Drive to Black Road
- Black Road
- Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Kelly Drive
- The Falls Bridge
- Ridge Avenue, from Schoolhouse Lane to Manayunk Avenue
- Main Street, from Ridge Avenue to Conarroe Street
All of the streets will reopen by 5 p.m. on Sunday
Several SEPTA bus routes will have detours over the weekend due to the marathon. CLICK HERE for a full list.
SEPTA’s Regional Rail will have the following service adjustments for the marathon:
- Media/Elwyn Line: Saturday and Sunday schedule adjustment for INBOUND (toward Center City) trains only.
- Paoli/Thorndale Line: Shuttle Bus substitution between Thorndale/Malvern and Bryn Mawr Stations.
- West Trenton Line: Saturday and Sunday schedule adjustment for OUTBOUND (toward West Trenton) trains only.