Are you a punk rock fan facing a true dilemma this Christmas? Here’s a way to buy that vintage Ramones album for your friend without giving in to the “establishment.” The Punk Rock Flea Market is taking place on Saturday, December 19 and Sunday, December 20 at the Starlight Ballroom at 460 N. 9th Street.
The bi-annual event from R5 Productions will feature punk records, clothes, studio equipment and instruments as well as furniture, handmade apparel, bikes, laptops and other items.
A $3 entry donation covers both days, and each day features entirely different sellers.
"...I love a good people watching experience," Sara P. says in her Yelp review. She sells vintage clothing at the PRFM and has this advice for buyers:
- Arrive early. You'll have less chance of standing in line forever!
- Bring cash and lots of it. there are no ATMs close by. Also, bring small bills. Not all sellers get enough to make change.
- Bring a big a** bag! Lots of sellers don't have bags for you.
- Be prepared to find the best merchandise ever!!! My mom bought a pair of shoes for $5 that ended up on the Antiques Roadshow. No lie. Valued at $800 to $1,000 at auction.
- If you get easily claustrophobic or have a fear of being crushed by hoardes of pre-pubescent hipsters, better sit this one out.