Recipe by Chef Ali Waks
EASY HOMEMADE HOLLANDAISE.
· 3 egg yolks
· 1 pinch cayenne pepper
· salt and pepper
· 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 2 sticks unsalted butter
1. In a blender, combine egg yolks, peppers, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and heat until bubbling hot.
3. Cover the blender and blend the egg yolk mixture on high speed for several seconds.
4. Either remove center cap of blender lid or carefully remove the lid itself with blender still running.
5. Pour hot butter in a thin stream into whirring egg mixture.
· 8 eggs
· 2 tablespoon vinegar
Add vinegar to water in a 5 quart saucepot and bring to a rapid boil
Crack and egg in to a dish or ramekin
Stir water with a spoon to create whirlpool effect
drop egg in to vortex of swirling water
cook 4-5 minutes
remove with slotted spoon
You can hold poached eggs in cold water up to 24 hours, reheat them in gently boiling water for 1 minute.