MUSHROOM TACOS WITH TRUFFLE POTATO PUREE
- ¼ pound assorted Wild Mushrooms, sliced (Crimini, Oyster or Royal Trumpet work well)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ c chopped Parsley
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp. Truffle Oil
- 4 ea Green Asparagus spears (blanched)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Corn Tortillas
- 2 Tbs. Truffle Potato Puree-recipe follows
1) In a skillet over medium heat, sauté mushrooms in garlic, olive oil and extra virgin olive oil until tender (about 5 minutes). Strain excess oil and transfer to mixing bowl.
2) Toss mushroom mix with parsley, lemon juice and truffle oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Truffle Potato Puree
- 2 ea Idaho Potato Potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- ¾ Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Truffle Oil
- Salt (to taste)
1) In a medium saucepot, bring water up to a boil. Cook potatoes until tender (about 15 minutes). Strain potatoes. Using the paddle attachment of a Kitchen Aid mixer (or similar attachment), add all the ingredients together. Season with salt.
2) Warm the tortillas up on a griddle or in the microwaves. Add a tablespoon of the potato puree, mushrooms and the lightly blanched asparagus. Enjoy!